La Trobe Law School and the Dispute Settlement Centre, Victoria are organising a one‐day symposium on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Ethics for ADR Practitioners on Friday 19 June 2015, 9am to 5pm at La Trobe University City Campus, 360 Collins Street, Melbourne.
The symposium will bring together practitioners and academics across the field of ADR including:
- Keynote Speaker: Professor Ellen Waldman, Thomas Jefferson Law School, San Diego USA editor of the acclaimed book, Mediation Ethics: Cases and Commentaries, Jossey‐Bass, 2011
- Associate Professor Rachael Field, Queensland University of Technology
- Ms Lynne Coulson-Barr, Mental Health Complaints Commissioner
- Associate Professor Kathy Douglas, RMIT University
- Dr Susan Douglas, Senior Lecturer in Business Law, University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Associate Professor Bobette Wolski, Bond University.
- Dr Olivia Rundle, Lecturer in Law, University of Tasmania and Associate Professor Sam Hardy, James Cook University
- Mr David Bryson, Accident Compensation Conciliation Service.
- Dr Alikki Vernon, Lecturer, School of Law, La Trobe University.
- Ms Judy Gutman, Senior Lecturer, School of Law, La Trobe University and Ms Jodie Grant
This symposium is an opportunity for ADR organisations, practitioners and academics to lend their voices to the discussions and debates on ethical issues that arise for practitioners in various contexts of ADR practice. At the symposium, issues across a range of ADR processes and contexts will be examined. The overall aim is to further strengthen alternative dispute resolution by identifying difficult issues that arise in relation to ethics and practitioners’ responsibilities in addressing them. In addition, policy steps that may assist in addressing these issues will be discussed.
You can register for the symposium here. Attendance at the symposium will cost $20 per person.
Funding for the symposium has been provided by the RFA Transforming Human Societies and the Rights and Justice for Sustainable Communities Research Program (La Trobe Law School).
Dr Lola Akin Ojelabi, La Trobe Law School: email@example.com
Professor Mary Anne Noone, La Trobe Law School: firstname.lastname@example.org