Finishing your law degree?
Looking at your options for 2017? Law graduates can explore a wide range of career opportunities, and whether you’re looking to practice, or use your degree in other ways, you need to start thinking about the next steps in your graduate career.
This 1 hour workshop will cover:
• The general graduate labour market, and the key skills employers are looking for;
• Researching potential career pathways;
• Increasing your knowledge and connections to sectors you’d like to work in;
• Key strategies on searching for and identifying job opportunities;
• General points on graduate job applications.
Access the workshop flyer, here.
Geoffrey Guilfoyle has a Master of Career Education & Development, and over 20 years’ experience within the careers field. Over the past eight years, he has worked as a Careers Consultant in five Victorian universities, providing career counselling, and the design and delivery of careers workshops across many disciplines, including honours and PhD students. He has created curriculum and lectured for the careers subjects developed by La Trobe Careers, as well as working closely with College academics to embed careers content into their subjects.
Date: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Time: 10am to 11am
Venue: La Trobe Law School Moot Court, Social Sciences Building (Room 232), Melbourne Campus, La Trobe University
For further information, please contact Derya Siva via d.siva@Latrobe.edu.au.